Thank you to the incomparable Lauren Hayley for the Sunshine Blogger Award – I greatly appreciate it!
For this award, there are 11 nominations & 11 questions for nominees to answer.
My Nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Award:
Please be sure to check out these fantastic bloggers. They are all great mental health advocates who show compassion and courage through their posts and they go the extra mile by offering information and resources to help others.
1. Lynn Keane
4. Nikki DuBose
9. Rudy Caseres
10. Kevin Hines
11. Claire Greaves
My Questions for the nominees:
Please respond to the same questions below that were posed to me!
Questions posed to me:
1. What is the most important thing to you? Being there for my family and friends. Close second: making a difference to help others.
2. If you could go anywhere right now, where would it be? That’s a tough one. Many places I would like to travel, but Europe and Australia would be at the top of the list.
3. What’s your favorite thing about blogging? I enjoy the creative process of writing posts and also getting feedback from readers.
4. What’s your favorite thing about yourself? I try not to take myself too seriously.
5. What has been your biggest challenge in life so far? The deaths of my parents.
6. Do you believe in love at first sight? Yes.
7. Where do you see yourself in ten years? Hopefully still healthy and happy and enjoying life.
8. How many languages do you speak? One: English. Some familiarity with Spanish, but certainly not fluent.
9. What do you think your best post is so far? Link it. One that really sums up a lot of my philosophy is “7 Points of Hope to Reclaim Your Life from Mental Illness.”
10. What’s your favorite quote? “Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.” – Mother Teresa
11. If you could recommend one fellow blogger for me to follow, who would it be and why? – Although I mostly follow mental health bloggers, I’ve really resonated with Michael Hyatt’s blog on leadership.
Thanks again for this award and I hope you will take a look at the great work done by my 11 nominees! Also please consider subscribing to my blog and feel free to follow me on Twitter, “like” my Facebook page, or connect on LinkedIn. Thanks!