I was honored to be nominated recently by mental health blogger par excellence Lauren Hayley for the Liebster Award. My first reaction was to say “Thanks Lauren! I greatly appreciate this kind acknowledgement.”
My second thought was, “What’s the Liebster Award?” After doing a little internet research, this is what I found:
Apparently the Liebster award was developed to discover new bloggers and/or to recognize one’s favorite bloggers. The award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
The German word “liebster” has several definitions: sweetheart, beloved, darling, dear, affectionate, loving, favorite, preferred, liked or loved above others, kindest, nicest, pleasant, valued, cute, and endearing.
It’s much like a chain letter, since the people you nominate for the award are then asked to nominate their own list of favorite bloggers.
Rules for the Award:
- Thank the nominator.
- Display the award in your post.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers.
- Answer the 10 questions that your nominator has given you.
My Nominees for The Liebster Award:
All of these fine folks (listed in alphabetical order) are wonderful people and fantastic bloggers who are true mental health advocates. Please check out their good work (by clicking on their names):
1) GG Burns
2) Sean Erreger
4) Gabe Howard
6) Joanna Kay
7) Nicole Lyons
10) Neesa Sunar
Questions for my nominees:
- How did you get started with blogging?
- What’s one cause you are passionate about?
- What’s your favorite food?
- Where would you most like to travel?
- What’s your all-time favorite book?
- What famous person would you most like to meet (living or dead)?
- Who is your role model?
- What’s one thing about yourself you would like to change?
- What was the last time you laughed so hard you cried?
- Describe yourself in one word.
My answers to the 10 questions posed to me by Lauren Hayley:
- What’s your favorite thing about blogging? Being relatively new to blogging, I really appreciate receiving feedback and questions from readers. It’s been great to meet some wonderful people this way.
- Do you have any regrets in life? I suppose we all wish we could go back and change a thing or two. I think one regret is not having kept in touch more with some close friends from my childhood.
- What are you most looking forward to at the moment? Pizza for dinner!
- Have you ever cried with happiness, if so, when? Yes, actually quite a few times. The most recent time was during a family vacation when I took a moment to just be mindful and thankful of the many blessings I have derived from having a wonderful wife and daughter.
- What’s your favorite song? This is a hard one, since I like a lot of different music and musical artists. One classic song that I really enjoy is L-O-V-E by Nat King Cole. You know, the one that goes “L is for the way you look at me…”
- What are your bad habits? I’ve been told by someone very dear to me that I don’t always pay attention and listen as well as I should. Have to admit that’s sometimes true.
- What is your favorite thing about yourself? I don’t tend to think about what I like about myself, but I suppose I appreciate my openness to always keep learning.
- What do you think others would say your best quality is? I would like to think that they would say I’m a person of honesty and integrity.
- Have you got any tattoos, if so, what and where? No tattoos. Probably has something to do with that little aversion thing I have about needles…
- Tell us something not many people know about you. My high school friends would know this, but not many people since then. I used to be quite musical, having sung in performing chorus at school, church choir, and I played saxophone, piano, and organ.
Thanks again Lauren, and I hope everyone enjoys finding out more about my 10 nominees for the Liebster award. If there are other great mental health bloggers you follow, please leave a comment and let me know about them. Also please consider subscribing to my blog and feel free to follow me on Twitter, “like” my Facebook page, or connect on LinkedIn. Thanks!